Rumbaar's Place of Whatever  
October 23, 2017, 02:16:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgot your password?
News: Most features aren't available to guests, so register today.  You'll gain access Downloads, Games and much more ... a great community!
Advanced search  
Members
Total Members: 14397
Latest: hogan5us
Stats
Total Posts: 65951
Total Topics: 6895
Online Today: 47
Online Ever: 99
(September 08, 2009, 02:20:13 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 68
Spiders: 1
Total: 69
Recent
[May 13, 2013, 06:07:42 AM]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FBI to build social network spy app  (Read 4748 times)
RAIN70
Site Contributor
Global Moderator
Trusted Member

« on: January 31, 2012, 02:33:53 PM »

The US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is planning to develop an application that can track the public's postings to Facebook, Twitter and other social networks, in order to aid how it predicts and reacts to criminal behaviour, including public disorder and terrorism.

An FBI request for information document has been published, asking potential contractors to contact the bureau by 10 February. The FBI wants respondents to the document to outline how they would build such a system and how much it would potentially cost.

The bureau said the system it wants must be able to automatically search "publicly available" material from Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites for keywords of interest. FBI agents would be alerted if the searches come up with evidence of "breaking events, incidents, and emerging threats".

Agents would have the ability to display any information on a map, and they could then add other layers of information, including past incidents and locations of important buildings like embassies and military installations.

The document notes that agents need to "locate bad actors and analyse their movements, vulnerabilities, limitations, and possible adverse actions".

Source : ComputerWorldUK
Rümßäär
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 10:53:53 PM »

I figure if you're performing criminal activity and publicly posting on any of those sites ... then you deserve to be caught Smiley

.. DEEP WEB Wink
M-rabbit2
Rookie

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 11:46:10 PM »

I figure if you're performing criminal activity and publicly posting on any of those sites ... then you deserve to be caught Smiley

.. DEEP WEB Wink
     Cheesy

They already monitor the information.  I guess they're just trying to find a way to come clean without coming clean.  So to speak.

Well I had made a witty comment but I have deleted it and decided not to be my normal self Smiley
_Rabbit_
Sexiest Member
Site Contributor
Trusted Member

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 12:01:01 AM »

Oops just realized I signed in with an account I had forgotten all about Smiley my bad

mintnet
Rookie

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 11:03:48 AM »

Echoes of 1984 + 28  Shocked
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 37 queries.